| || |
On successful completion of the module, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate they have gained the required knowledge of material properties (Mechanical, Electrical, Thermal, Failure, Aesthetic, Biodegradable).
- Assess and critically consider the strength of materials (Improving Strength by Design, Area Moment of Inertia).
- Identify a wide variety materials for different design applications (Ceramics, Metals & Alloys, Polymers, Composites).
- Demonstrate effective selection of materials for different design applications (Selection for Density, Cost, Recyclability, Energy, Strength, Stiffness).
- Demonstrate they have gained the required knowledge of material processing (Heat Treatment, Case Hardening, Cold Working).
- Complete a range of product analysis methods (Case Studies, Interpreting Design Data, Processing Routes, Costs).