| || |
This module provides an in-depth analysis of Irish housing policy, the Irish housing system and comparative housing regimes from a human rights framework. It explores diverse philosophical and conceptual understandings of the role of housing in wellbeing, policy and the welfare state with a particular emphasis on the Human Right to Housing.
- the development of Irish housing policy and the Irish housing system;
- the role and impact of neoliberalism, marketisation, and austerity in Irish housing;
- the financialisation of housing;
- the contemporary housing crisis, inequality and discrimination in housing;
- homelessness measures and impacts;
- social housing regeneration;
- social movements in housing;
- human rights-based policies and models.
It also provides key data, statistics, and policy sources on housing and homelessness.