| || |
On successful completion of the module, students should be able to:
- Describe the fundamental features of psychology as a scientific discipline;
- Outline core features of research approaches in psychology;
- Outline the main facets of how the brain, and its constituent components, underpin human behaviour;
- Describe the core principles/areas of developmental change in the period from conception through childhood;
- Discuss issues that comprise social, emotional or cognitive development throughout childhood;
- Construct an appraisal, informed by the psychological literature, of a current topic in biological or developmental psychology.