On successful completion of the module, students should be able to:
- Define and recognise the core marketing concepts and basic marketing terminology (the “language” of marketing).
- Illustrate how consumers/customers make purchasing decisions and explain the socio-cultural and psychological influences on consumer behaviour.
- Explain what marketing research is and how it can be used to aid marketers in making meaningful marketing decisions.
- Describe what market segmentation is and understand how to segment a market according to different dimensions.
- Demonstrate the process of developing a marketing strategy, by choosing a target coverage strategy.
- Identify and explain the basic concepts and principles within important elements within the marketing mix (the basic “tools” of marketing).
- Differentiate between core selling functions and understand their relationship with the marketing role; describe the core issues at each stage of the personal selling process.