| || |
On successful completion of the module, students should be able to:
- use single words and simple sentences while taking part in a conversation based on topics and general information that relate to everyday life.
- understand simple speech delivered in a slow, carefully articulated but natural manner.
- understand texts that are short and simple insofar as they relate specifically to everyday life.
- understand texts on a phrase-by phrase basis, finding words and recognisable phrases.
- write simple words and very simple basic phrases.
- understand some principal aspects of Irish culture, particularly those aspects relating to Irish and the Gaeltacht (Irish speaking areas).