| || |
The Research Development Office facilitates the graduate skills module GST13: Research Funding Application to provide research students with the skill set to apply for a research award. For the purpose of this module, a ‘research award’ refers to external research funding applied for by, and awarded to, the research student personally. This module is designed to assist research students in:
· The process of identifying postgraduate research award opportunities;
· Determining eligibility for a research award;
· Understanding guidelines for submitting an application for a research award;
· Developing a coherent and fundable research proposal;
· Submitting a research award application in a timely manner.
The Research Development Office will provide information on sources of funding, proposal development and submission, and strategies for success.
Note: This module does not cover applications for needs-based awards, financial aid, loans, scholarships, or other sources of support not tied specifically to research or training.