On successful completion of the module, students should be able to:
- Recognise and employ basic theories of translation.
- Identify the linguistic and stylistic differences between literary and journalistic texts written in English.
- Interpret an English text and reproduce its content in appropriate and correct German.
- Modify the German translation so that reads coherently and reflects appropriately the style of the original English text.
- Compare and critique various German translations of English-language texts.