| || |
The key purpose of this module is to facilitate undergraduate students in their academic, personal and professional career development, so that they will be well equipped to secure internships and to successfully enter the graduate labour market. Students from a diverse range of disciplines will be encouraged to develop a strong sense of self-awareness, as well as enabled to identify and develop a range of employability skills which will be pivotal to their future career. The module provides students with the opportunity to engage in effective career planning, to gain an insight into the graduate labour market and an appreciation of how to effectively manage the recruitment process. Therefore, this module will contribute to the development of well-informed and skilled graduates who can compete effectively in the labour market and beyond, as well as excel in their chosen career.
After completing this module, the learner will be able to:
• Gain an insight into organisational culture and preferred working styles.
• Develop self-awareness and understand the importance of reflective practice and its role in effective, continuous professional development and lifelong learning.
• Reflect on and assimilate information to help inform future career planning.
• Structure and articulate ideas effectively, orally and in writing.
• Recognise the skills, qualities and abilities graduate employers seek in potential employees, and how they are evaluated.
• Identify methods used to assess candidates during selection processes.
• Understand how to exploit their skills in sourcing, securing and excelling in their chosen future career.