On successful completion of the module, students should be able to:
- Describe and apply catalytic methods to synthetic organic chemistry problems.
- Describe the stereoselective synthesis of alkenes.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of nomenclature associated with stereoselective reactions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of strategies to resolve a racemic mixture.
- Propose conditions to effect selected transformations with control of stereochemistry.
- Explain the origin of the stereoselective outcomes of selected reactions.