If you are fascinated by business in the complex and diverse world around us, then this is the degree for you!
An essential challenge for businesses in Ireland is how they can connect the capabilities of our workforce to contribute to solutions for people who are largely in markets outside Ireland, across the EU and the wider global community. Business needs graduates who can both understand the fundamentals of how to create value for customers (which our business subjects provide) and how to translate them into solutions and services that fit the needs of diverse cultures.
- Students on this degree can choose from one of three Business subjects (Management, Marketing or International Business) which they can combine with an array of Global Cultures modules, covering topics such as exploring cultures in global contexts, urbanisation, science and technology in society, security, crime and policing, and user experience and service innovation.
- There is a possible transfer option to this degree in second year for students who have completed the first year of the Bachelor of Arts degree (MH101) taking Business and Anthropology.
Why choose this degree?
- Unique degree in Ireland enabling you to combine three business subjects with insights into how culture impacts on the choices people make and how they live.
- Combine insights from Ireland’s youngest and most dynamic School of Business and the Maynooth University Department of Anthropology - the only anthropology department in the Republic of Ireland.
- Optional work placement/study abroad enable you to apply theory in practice, significantly improving employability upon graduation.
- Our faculty are a blend of international and local industry experts and academics, who bring profound insights into the practicality and complexity of both Business and Global Cultures.
- Highly employable skill set: recent employer surveys (AHECS 2020) found that business skills are the second highest in demand by employers, from the private and public sectors.