| || |
- Module Graded (numeric value) or Ungraded (Pass/Not Passed): Graded
- Continuous Assessment detail(s): Continuous Assessment: classwork, homework, written assignments and midterm assessment.
- Other detail(s): Oral Exam
|Assessment type ||Options ||Weighting ||Duration |
|Continuous Assessment || ||20% || |
|University scheduled written examination ||On-campus ||50% ||180 minutes |
|Other || ||30% || |
|Total || ||100% ||180 minutes |
- Pass standard: 40%
- Could the result of this module be capped? If attendance requirement is not met, or the Marks and Standards are not met.
- Required Module Students have to pass two of the three elements examined in this module. The three relevant elements are: (1) Section A of the examination paper; (2) section B of the examination paper; (3) the oral examination. Attendance for this module is monitored regularly. If attendance falls below 70% of session hours, the mark will be capped at 35% for this module. This module condition will not be applied to repeat examinations. Absence owing to medical or other compelling reasons is not penalised. The reason must be established in writing prior to, or immediately (i.e. not more than two working days) after the missed class and evidence provided (normally such evidence would be a Medical Certificate).
- Penalties: Late submission of assessed course work or examination materials will result in a reduction of the original grade by 5 marks per day. Assessed course work or examination materials will normally have to be submitted electronically through Turnitin. Late submission of work owing to medical or other compelling reasons is not penalised. The reason must be established in writing prior to, or immediately (i.e. not more than two working days) after the relevant submission deadline and evidence provided (normally such evidence would be a Medical Certificate).