| || |
While this module complements PD264 (offered in Semester 1), it can also be taken as a standalone module. The focus will be on the design of products and services in a social context. Students on this module will explore the challenges currently facing today’s society (wicked problems that are systemic in nature such as homelessness, healthcare, education) and learn how to best tackle these challenges using a universal design methodology. The module is an elective and so is ideally suited to interdisciplinary students who will be studying alongside product design students.
· Introduction to (Social) Service Design.
· (Social) Service Design principles.
· (Social) Service Design processes, methodologies & models.
· Research, development, implementation & validation of a new service
· Social Innovation (radical, incremental, and disruptive).
· Working as a multi-disciplinary group.