INTRODUCTION TO CRIMINOLOGY
- Module code: LW454
- Credits: 10
- Semester: 1
- Department: SCHOOL OF LAW AND CRIMINOLOGY
Introduction to Criminology will provide students with a comprehensive overview of key issues in criminology and criminal justice. It will allow for intellectual engagement with questions such as:
On successful completion of the module, students should be able to:
|Teaching & Learning methods|
Liebling, A., Maruna, S. and McAra, L. (eds.) (2017). Oxford Handbook of Criminology. (6th ed.) Oxford: Oxford University Press.
* Healy, D., Hamilton, C., Daly, Y. and Butler, M. (eds.) (2016). The Routledge Handbook of Irish Criminology. Abingdon: Routledge.
* Hale, C., Hayward, K., Wahidin, A. and Wincup. E. (eds.) (2013) Criminology. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
* Newburn, T. (2017) Criminology. (3nd ed). Abingdon: Routledge.
* Newburn, T. (2009) Key Readings in Criminology. Cullompton: Willan.
Students will be provided with supplementary materials on Moodle (Maynooth University’s Virtual Learning Environment) and via lecture slides and will be expected to utilise the Maynooth University website to obtain and read academic materials on criminology and criminal justice.
31st January 2023 - 14:30:39 (24h)