The Research Development Office facilitates the graduate skills module GST13: Research Funding Application to provide research students with the skill set to apply for a research award. For the purpose of this module, a ‘research award’ refers to external research funding applied for by, and awarded to, the research student personally. This module is designed to assist research students in:
· The process of identifying postgraduate research award opportunities;
· Determining eligibility for a research award;
· Understanding guidelines for submitting an application for a research award;
· Developing a coherent and fundable research proposal;
· Submitting a research award application in a timely manner.
The Research Development Office will provide information on sources of funding, proposal development and submission, and strategies for success.
Note: This module does not cover applications for needs-based awards, financial aid, loans, scholarships, or other sources of support not tied specifically to research or training.
Research students must speak with their supervisor(s) before registering for Graduate Skills (GST) modules. Students can register via their Student Web Portal, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.