PHYSICS FOR ENGINEERS 2
- Module code: EP102EE
- Credits: 5
- Semester: 2
- Department: EXPERIMENTAL PHYSICS
- Coordinator: Dr Neil Trappe (EXPERIMENTAL PHYSICS)
The aim of this module is to introduce students to the physics of vibrations, waves and light, and electromagnetism, and to tutor them in the solution of elementary problems in these areas.
On successful completion of the module, students should be able to:
|Teaching & Learning methods|
* Cutnell & Johnson, Physics, 4th Edition or later, Wiley 1998 – this is an algebra based textbook.
* Laboratory Manuals and a laboratory notebook are provided at a cost of around €20.
* Serway, Physics for Scientists & Engineers, Saunders College Publishing – this is a calculus based textbook and is recommended for students who have strong mathematics – Serway is a book that you could hold for life for reference – any edition will suffice.
4th February 2023 - 23:25:33 (24h)