On successful completion of the module, students should be able to:
- Acquire familiarity with the basic concepts of data science and the importance of data science, in society, and in business;
- Be able to distinguish between different types of data;
- Be introduced to the concepts of big data and machine learning for identifying patterns in data;
- Learn to identify challenges related to big data;
- Acquire data visualisation and analysis skills through using the R programming language;
- Gain an understanding how data modelling can be used for prediction;
- Gain experience with writing analysis reports.