| || |
THE MAYNOOTH BACHELOR OF SCIENCE DEGREE
- One of our most popular science degrees - offering excellent flexibility and choice to MU science students.
- Choose 4 subjects from the 8 available (1 of the 4 must be Mathematics). Refine your subject choices during the following three years of your BSc degree. Please check the Course Structure tab for details about some timetabling limits for subject combinations.
- No decision about subject choice is necessary until four weeks after commencement of 1st year. This gives you a chance to sample various subjects and make an informed decision.
- Science at Maynooth challenges students to consider new perspectives and new ways of approaching problems and ideas.
- You will have the opportunity to gain a deep knowledge and understanding of your choice of subjects while developing critical thinking, analysis and communication skills.
- We offer progression options into specialised degrees at the end of first year, depending on the student's subjects and results. The possible transfer pathways are listed in Course Structure.
- Continue with 3 of your first year subjects (Mathematics may be dropped after first year).
- Optional 10 credit Electives or Critical Skills.
- Students may choose Critical Skills in second year. This is an optional 15 credit course, which focuses on developing skills such as effective communication, creative thinking and problem solving - skills that will benefit you in learning, employment and in life.
- Optional transfer pathways to other degrees such as MH212 Science (with Education), Mathematics and Computer Science (with Education), Mathematics (with Education), MH602 Computer Science and Software Engineering and MH304 Electronic Engineering. The transfer criteria are set out in the BSc subject information pages.
- Continue with two subjects
- Continue with one or two subjects