MSC COMPUTER SCIENCE (SOFTWARE ENGINEERING) (ONE YEAR PROGRAMME)
The Master of Science in Software Engineering degree at Maynooth University exposes graduates in Computer Science and related disciplines to the many facets of this complex area – the technical, the methodological, the organizational – so that successful participants will subsequently be able to lead major projects in software engineering in many industrial and commercial sectors.
The following criteria must be fulfilled by students applying for the MSc in Computer Science (Software Engineering):
- An honours degree in Computer Science or a closely related discipline, containing significant Computer Science content. An average grade of at least 60% (equivalent to a II.1 from an Irish NFQ Level 8 degree course) or above. Applicants with less Computer Science experience should consider MHG68 instead.
- English language certificate (for non-native speakers of English only)
Minimum English language requirements
National University of Ireland Maynooth’s TOEFL code is 8850
Information regarding visas etc. may be obtained from the International Office at Maynooth University.
|How to apply|
Online application only http://www.pac.ie/maynoothuniversity
The following information should be forwarded to PAC, 1 Courthouse Square, Galway or uploaded to your online application form:
· Certified copies of official transcripts of results for all qualifications listed in your application
· Transcripts of results in languages other than English should be accompanied by a translation into English PLUS a copy of the original certificate indicating the award
· Two letters of recommendation (at least one from the institution you have graduated/will graduate from)
· Your CV (we recommend that you use the European Format: see http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu for details)
· A copy of your Birth Certificate or valid Passport
· For non-native speakers of the English language, certificates of competency in the English Language (IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE)
Information on fees and funding is available at https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/study-maynooth/postgraduate-studies/fees-funding-scholarships
Each module is delivered as a series of intensive lectures. Each module also has associated practical work.
Participants submit a dissertation based on a Software Engineering topic.
Duration: 1 Year Full Time
Programme Director Dr Kevin Casey
|Career and postgraduate options|
Students are qualified for many jobs in the software industry. Many students gain full-time employment with the company who sponsor their work placement. Past graduates in the Masters programme have been accepted for membership of the IEI. Associate membership (AIEI) has been granted to those graduates with less than 2 years work experience, with Ordinary membership (MIEI) granted after a minimum of 2 full years work experience.
For further information on Postgraduate options please go to the Graduate Studies site