On successful completion of the module, students should be able to:
- LO1: Demonstrate familiarity with basic methodological approaches to the study of translation.
- LO2: Identify and explain different types of lexical non-equivalence.
- LO3: Identify and apply relevant problem-solving techniques.
- LO4: Analyse the register used in a source text.
- LO5: Explain grammatical and cultural transpositions.
- LO6: Apply relevant linguistic concepts and translation methodologies to specific texts.
- LO7: Organize and structure information in a coherent and meaningful manner.
- LO8: Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team and show increased linguistic and intercultural competence.