| || |
On successful completion of the module, students should be able to:
- LO1: Compose essays on a range of subjects; construct communicative and creative texts based on work done in class; summarise the meaning of written and audio texts, write and deliver presentations.
- LO2: Construct sentences and passages based on linguistic expressions encountered in class; complete exercises using various aspects of language; employ vocabulary suited to a particular topic, register or area of language use; use relevant linguistic concepts.
- LO3: Identify linguistic elements of a given structure; identify how grammatical rules apply in a given structure; apply grammatical rules to written and spoken expression; determine how linguistic rules aid communication; detect patterns in linguistic usage; recognise grammatical rules in use.
- LO4: Organise information in a coherent and meaningful manner; present information in a coherent and meaningful manner; apply relevant linguistic concepts to phrases, sentences and longer texts; demonstrate the linguistic meaning and usage of expressions; write creatively and analytically at an advanced level of linguistic complexity; communicate at an advanced level of linguistic complexity.
- LO5: Produce a range of texts based on work covered in class; summarise the content of texts; analyse various aspects of texts; prepare a variety of compositions; deliver presentations on a particular topic; discuss texts, events and ideas in a competent and convincing manner.
- LO6: Rearrange elements of phrases in a syntactically and grammatically correct manner; complete sentences accurately using the required linguistic skill; recognise and use expressions encountered in class; demonstrate the linguistic meaning and usage of expressions; manipulate phrases, sentences and passages in the application of grammatical rules.
- LO7: Demonstrate advanced linguistic competence; communicate ideas, opinions and feelings of advanced complexity; transmit relevant information in a meaningful and coherent manner; appraise data, events and opinions; show intercultural awareness.
- LO8: Complete continuous assessment and class assignments correctly; answer exam questions with relevant, coherent and meaningful information.