| || |
Human trafficking is regarded as one of the most serious threats to security and economic stability in the European and wider global contexts. This module introduces students to the topic of human trafficking familiarising them with the different forms of human trafficking which exist, the contexts in which human trafficking flourishes and the responses of the international community aimed at tackling this issue.
This module addresses
- definitions of human trafficking;
- national and international trends in human trafficking;
- the push and pull factors associated with the supply of and demand for human trafficking;
- human rights issues;
- national and international policies and legislation aimed at tackling human trafficking;
- The role of the state: policy, legislation, law enforcement and victim support;
- The role of the voluntary sector: policy, victim support and awareness raising.