On successful completion of the module, students should be able to:
- Outline the basis of psychology as an empirical, scientific discipline;
- Differentiate between scientific and pseudo-scientific psychological research;
- Define the main technical terms relating to research design and implementation;
- Apply the concepts of experimental design to the analysis of psychological phenomena;
- Undertake a search of the psychological literature on a given research topic;
- Conduct a research practical exploring a specific topic in psychology;
- Present the results from this practical appropriately, within the context of a research report.