The purpose of this module is to allow postgraduate research students to develop and apply the skills required for presenting their research. This module covers the presentations of results in poster or oral format at a conference as agreed with the departmental supervisory committee.
• Attend lectures/seminars/conferences in the area of research
• Undertake an informed literature survey around the research that is intended for presentation
• Draft hypothesis and framework for oral presentation
• Write up the presentation to include abstract, introduction and results and discussion content
• Delivery of an oral presentation at an international conference.
On completion of the module the student will be able to:
• Discuss the current state-of-the-art in their research
• Interpret results in the context of the impact on the particular field
• Evaluate results for potential presentation
• Formulate a hypothesis for the presentation
• Concisely present and critically discuss research highlights that can prove/disprove the hypotheses
• Draw conclusions on the work and articulate the significance of the research in the wider context
• Identify a conference.