The Graduate School offers the graduate skills module GST8: Grant Management & Compliance to IRC funded research students to support them in complying with the general terms and conditions and the reporting requirements set out in IRC scholarship documentation.
This module is intended to provide information on what is expected in terms of fiscal accountability and compliance for all funded research scholarships. Acceptance of a scholarship creates a legal obligation on the part of the scholar to use the funds in accordance with the terms of the grant and to comply with the scholarships terms and conditions. On completion of the module the scholar will be able to: • Understand the issues relating to compliance of the terms and conditions of their research fellowship • Manage and report on the budgetary component of their research fellowship as outlined in their letter of offer.
· The preparation and timely submission of reports detailing matters such as project and career development progression, financial updates and project outputs to the funder.
· The appropriate use of research expenses.
· The recording of all training and career development plan activities.
· Applying to the funder/academic supervisor for approvals or permissions and recording and retaining the approvals/permissions.
· Lodging of wholly/partly funded publications and other research outputs in an Open Access repository in accordance with the scholarship terms and conditions.
· Acknowledgement of the funder’s support (and Strategic Partner support where applicable) and inclusion of logo(s) in all publications and publicity materials as outlined in the funder’s terms and conditions and retention of copies of all publication/publicity material with appropriate acknowledgements.