| || |
On successful completion of the module, students should be able to:
- Identify and explain key aspects of historical, societal and cultural development in the German-speaking countries in the period 1750-1840.
- Explain in broad terms developments in the literature of this era, and analyse closely a selection of short texts.
- Interpret literary works through close reading and contextualisation.
- Read some secondary literature and evaluate its usefulness for understanding these literary texts.
- Research, structure and develop a balanced argument in writing.