On successful completion of the module, students should be able to:
- Create a schematic diagram in a commercial schematic capture program.
- Design a PCB layout from a simple schematics.
- Manufacture a one-off PCB.
- Populate and test a PCB.
- Create a simple technical drawing for communicating designs to workshop staff.
- Confidently use range of tools available in the student mechanical and electronics workshop.
- Demonstrate awareness and compliance with Health and Safety best practice in Experimental Physics workshops.