| || |
In this module students build upon the skills and experiences accumateled in EL217. Students will apply their new learning in a makerspace-based group design project which has been inspired by problems sourced from a community context. Students will be exposed to a design-thinking philosophy and a problem-based learning environment where they can iteratively conceive, design, implement and test solutions. Students will be encouraged to work in multidisciplinary teams and practise cross-disciplinary communication, collaboration and project interaction.
Learning Outcomes. Students after completing this module should be able to:
• Develop an interactive prototype/model
• Appreciate issues from a community/civic/public perspective
• Develop a sense of commitment to community and of their role as civic professionals
• Reflect on their experience of the engagement experience
• Share their learning from the process with others in a context-appropriate manner.
• Work effectively as part of a team to complete a creative project
• Contribute their discipline-specific expertise to a project
• Communicate effectively with team members and partners
• Develop the skills of collaborative and independent learning