| || |
On successful completion of the module, students should be able to:
- • Critically reflect on relevant theoretical perspectives of and influences on early language and numeracy development
- Articulate and defend a philosophy for using play to support language acquisition, mathematical and scientific learning with children (birth to six years)
- Apply the national curriculum framework, national and international policies and current theories to lead the planning and implementation of emergent curricula with particular focus on literacy, numeracy and scientific enquiry
- Utilise pedagogical knowledge in supporting and providing for a literacy, numeracy and scientific rich indoor and outdoor enquiry-based learning environment for young children
- Evaluate, select and use appropriate resources and materials for developing literacy, numeracy and scientific enquiry experiences with young children in an early childhood setting.