| || |
The purpose of this module is to allow postgraduate research students to develop and apply the skills required for publishing their research. This module covers the submission of a manuscript to a peer-reviewed journal.
On completion of the module the student will be able to:
• Discuss the current state-of-the-art in their research field
• Interpret results in the context of the impact on the particular field
• Evaluate results for potential publication
• Formulate a hypothesis/question for the publication
• Concisely present and critically discuss research highlights that can prove/disprove the hypotheses/question
• Draw conclusions on the work and articulate the significance of the research in the wider context
• Identify a journal, chapter, edited book or conference proceedings, with appropriate scope for publication
• Submit a manuscript to meet formatting standard as set out be the publisher.
• Attend lectures/seminars/conferences in the area of research that is intended for publication
• Undertake an informed literature survey around the research that is intended for publication
• Draft hypothesis and framework for manuscript
• Write up the manuscript to include abstract, introduction and results and discussion content
• Submission of manuscript to a peer-reviewed journal.