On successful completion of the module, students should be able to:
- design and implement spatial databases using standard models and spatial database management systems;
- Query spatial databases using standard query tools and languages;
- Use Geographical Information Systems (GIS) to analyse and visualise spatial data;
- Create interfaces to view and customise, interact with spatial data;
- Design and implement spatial indices for efficient searching of data. Perform spatial analysis on large spatial databases and datasets.