| || |
On successful completion of the module, students should be able to:
- Discuss the history of industrial robots, robots in popular culture and the anatomy and features of a typical robot.
- Evaluate mobility of a simple machine using number synthesis, joints and pairs.
- Describe the motion of articulated robots.
- Identify suitable actuators and controllers for a specific task.
- Understand control strategies.
- Describe the approaches and techniques to describe mobile robot motion, localisation, mapping and path planning.
- Have an appreciation of the software used to control and model robotic systems.