| || |
On successful completion of the module, students should be able to:
- Prepare financial statements of companies in accordance with company law requirements
- Apply International accounting standards, IAS1,IAS2, IAS7, IAS8, IAS10, IAS12, IAS16, IAS32, and IAS39 to relevant business transactions and prepare financial statements in compliance with these standards
- Prepare partnership financial statements encompassing as appropriate allocation of profits, valuation of goodwill, revaluation of assets and dissolution.
- Analyze and interpret financial statements and prepare financial statements from incomplete accounting records.
- Appreciate ethical issues as they affect the accountant.
- Prepare Consolidated Financial Statements, including the calculation of goodwill on acquisition and the treatment of intergroup transactions.